Interested in Becoming a CHF Board Member?
Corvallis Housing First (CHF) is always glad to consider new Board Members. The Board is crucial in helping us achieve our mission of a roof over every head. Working in close partnership with the Executive Director, the Board meets monthly to govern and ensure strategic direction of the organization. Board Members participate in Board and working group meetings, advocate for CHF, and help with key activities or events. The commitment time is typically 4-6 hours a month. Board meetings are held the 3rd Tuesday of each month from 6:00-8:00 PM. Terms are two years and are eligible for renewal.
What Does the Board Do?
Board members work collegially to provide strategic leadership for CHF by:
- Supporting the Executive Director in their role
- Ensuring strategic direction of the organization
- Sharing ideas and support in the areas of finances, community engagement, fundraising, recruitment, and governance
- Raising the profile of CHF in the community
- Building relationships with community stakeholders
What Skills Should Board Members Have?
We seek individuals with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- An understanding of the community and a passion for CHF’s work
- Governance and/or work experience with a nonprofit organization
- Awareness and knowledge of social justice issues, particularly as it applies to people who are unhoused
- Awareness and knowledge of healthcare issues, particularly as it applies to people who are unhoused
- Expertise in good business practices (e.g., finance/accounting, human resources, marketing, project management, logistics, etc.)
- Experience in problem solving and building consensus with teams or communities
- Fundraising and community outreach
Want to Learn More?
Please send us your questions. Also tell us about your interest in serving on the CHF Board.
CHF is committed to inclusion and diversity within our organization. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds, but especially individuals in equity-seeking groups.